Sunday, May 11, 2008

Wall of Sound: Barbara Steele

Barbara Steele

Had a dream
Was a kite
Something black
Something tight
Down in the murk at the edge of sight
She was a dream
I was a kite

I am not a man of grand ideals
But I want a girl with eyes like Barbara Steele

I be boat
You be lake
Make you ripple
Make me break
Buried alive is a chance I’ll take
Flowers bleed
The pendulum sways

I am not a man of grand ideals
But I want a girl with eyes like Barbara…
Steele! (X4)
Stee-ow-wee-ele… (X3)
Like Barbara Steele

Skewered hearts
Together at last
In a womb of nails
Hammer on the mask
Take me down to the water
Away from the plague
Play the harpsichord
As the night grows late

I am not a man of grand ideals
But I want a girl with eyes like Barbara Steele…
Like Barbara Steele…
Like Barbara Steele…

Feel like I need a bath (X4)




This draft was written finished on September 17, 2005. It was only today that I heard "The Eyes of Barbara Steel" by the 80s band, Boom Boom Chuck & the Psychedelic Berrys. I hardly expected to be the first person to write a song about the great queen of Euro horror, but this was more my trashy punk response to the Kim Carnes hit, "Bettie Davis Eyes." No clue why, but 7 out of 10 times that song gets stuck in my head on the way home from work in the evenings. I think it's just that I'm a Bettie Davis Fan. Jezebel rules!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home