Saturday, May 10, 2008

Wounded Lands: In the Shadow of the Sun

In the Shadow of the Sun

The moon is falling, finally, but I don’t see the dawn
There’s a warrior without a war
Wearing medals pinned in flesh
And soon there’ll be a following, but first he must be gone
The moon is falling finally…
And lover, I’m alone
I’m alone…
In the shadow of the sun

If I could only face me, honestly, I would not need to be…
To be a turncoat pawn
Or these trampled embers
Still burning on…
Still burning on from memory
Sweet memories

These trees are swaying gently as I hunch over the stair
As my shadow chases shooting stars
Through the orphans’ briar fields
And soon there’ll be a returning, but first one must be gone
The moon is falling finally…
And lover, I am done
I am done…
With fleshless skeletons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home