Sunday, May 11, 2008

Wall of Sound: Stiff Neck

Stiff Neck

I was getting used to being embarrassed
Then you spoke up and I was ashamed
There’s a valley where I needed a mountain
Cause growing up fast is growing up maimed
I’m showing up last and leaving you the blame

I’m seeing patterns most unwanted
I’m hair to your cruel weaving decent
Too much of you I see within me now
Your words found my hermit shack
I’m shooting my guns off while they’re still holstered

I used to daydream of a lover
Then she called out and I awoke
The room’s so cold, and I can’t get up
My neck is stiff and my hands are soft
I’m feeling like shit cause your all that I got

I tore open, smashing a glass table
And cursed the smile in each drop
I run – my arms wide to surrounding mountains
Cause growing up fast is growing up maimed
I’m showing up last and leaving all to blame

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home