Saturday, January 17, 2009

Casualties of the Times: Cool

Cool


Well another night
Up go the lights
And it’s gonna be tight
Alright! It’s gonna be cool…
Cool…

Kevin’s over there smokin’
Christy’s over there smokin’
Just leaning and smokin’
My god! They look so cool…
Cool…

Jakes talkin’ ‘bout nothing
And Kevin’s saying nothing
Christy never says a thing
Silence is golden… and gold is cool…
(Bling, bling baby!)

(Chorus)
But I’m
I’m so tired
Of cool
Of cool
I’m
So fuckin’ tired
Of cool
Cool…

Jake looks dead
50-dollar bed-head
Hasn’t eaten in weeks
So he said as he bled to be cool…
Cool…

Kevin gender bends
For keychain girlfriends
Christy on weekends
She’s not cold; she’s just too cool…
Cool…

Hot Topic panties
A Sailor Moon skirt
She flirts with dirt
A dirt nap gonna make her cool?
(Yeah, you betcha!)

(Repeat chorus)

Out of touch with the numb
I’m in a different fishbowl
Swimming in a Michelangelo Antoine frame of mind
Purge me of regurgitations
Purge me of regurgitations
I’m just as tired of lamenting the passing of better times


March 21, 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home