Sunday, May 25, 2008

To Make My Peace With You: In a Good Place

In a Good Place

It is early January, and for some reason I feel new here.
The heavy rain has halted as if to make a little room where
The ghost beneath the asphalt can permeate to private play,
Bouncing a ball against the brick wall of the apartment building
(When nobody’s looking).

Three blocks down I’m in a window
Quitting coffee with a pot of tea,
Thinking of all the friends of mine who are approaching thirty.
And it’s not that same old feeling – just an observation between sips
Over a pad with a scribbled stanza devoted to my girlfriend’s lips.
But the rhymes are sorta cheesy and the tune’s nothing to boast.
You can always tell I’m reaching when I start writing about ghosts.

I get stupid when I’m happy, but anyway…
I don’t mind being stupid... on a quiet rainy day.




March 17, 2007 (revised September 8, 2007)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home