Monday, May 12, 2008

Checking In

This songbook was written as the final project for an Existentialism class I took at PVCC under Marietta McCarty. As such, all of the songs were written from scratch in a space of about four weeks. This was a shift from the way I had been writing prior song books, where Ruin Bound, At Dawn She Comes, Wounded Lands, and Wall of Sound were all being written at the same time. As a result, it was pleasantly more focused and the speed at which they had to be produced (keeping in mind that this was largely during exam time and other things were filling up those four weeks) led to a different energy than anything I'd written in a long time.

While still far, far too deceptive to call autobiographical, it's easily one of the most personal works I've written. It's also, in a grimly confrontational way, one of the most up beat works I'd written in awhile.

1. In the Hostel of Time

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home