Monday, May 12, 2008

Wall of Sound: Wall of Sound (Shelter)

Wall of Sound (Shelter)

The roll I have played in this cruel masquerade
Corroded intentions, preservation betrays
Hearing father… and mother still fighting upstairs
Mercury tears… are filling up a martini glass

So I’ll hold my breath
And I’ll lock my teeth
But it’s building up
From dark and deep
I’ll mute my mind
To keep it down
Beat my body against a wall of sound

You’re cornering me when I’m wounded, you see?
I’ve got no answers to give you relief
I’m wading… and waiting for the weather to let
Helpless as a fly… watching the Venus sunset

So I’ll clench my fists
And I’ll bleed my hand
You know I’m shaking now
Cause I have no plan
I take a stand
And lose my ground
Throw my body against a wall of sound

So I take a walk
Through a sheetrock hole
Down the morning street
Past the scars of old
On the old oak tree
Reading “J heart B”
I feel a silent current
Pull me down the street
Past the playground and high school
Past the hobo park
Past the old graveyard
Where the goth kids impart
But it’s all in the past
They’ve all played their parts
And the sun spills down on me…

And the sun spills down on me
Down on me
And the sun spills down on me

So I’ll catch my breath
Focus and breathe
Cause I have a plan
To come and leave
I’ll take my time
And I’ll come around
Lean my body against a wall of sound

I’ll take my time
And I’ll come around
Lean my body against a wall of sound

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home