Saturday, January 17, 2009

Casualties of the Times: Reflections

Reflections


I am nothing
But a color unraveled
From a rope once called a life
Tied to a posse branch
My burden cut free
Riding to the sun from the ever stalking night

We’ll you meet me at the tower?
Where all mankind once spoke alike
We’ll you be dressed in rhyme or reason?
I’ve come to learn they’re not alike

Last star alight
Seems appropriate, my dear
To say our goodbyes from the tower heaven feared
Blind is the light to the darkness that it spears
And all we are… our reflections

Kiss me slowly
I still hear the hounds hunting
The fugitive who fathered doubt
Words they fail me
I’m not free from ambition
But I’m too tired to leave your mouth

As we stand before the ruins
Broken bricks from broken stairs
The great fallacy of wondering
Has left us in need of repair

Blessed, this night
I’m a vagrant and a fool
Crestfallen, I’ve drank the silence of the moon
Within your eyes lies the Mecca I’ve pursued
For all we are… our reflections

There is something
To you that is more than escape
Something I can’t quite touch upon
In another lifetime
When prophets chose their cages
Were you the lotus I fell from?

Said to love is revolution
Said to exist is to rebel
And serving in cloaked confusion
Was the machine that built Hell
As we stand before this night sky
Hues bled from the same image
Beating illusions like folded steel
We’re only cut by their fine edge

Last star alight
Seems appropriate, my dear
To say our goodbyes from the tower heaven feared
Blind is the light to the darkness that it spears
And all we are… our reflections


January 27, 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home