Friday, May 23, 2008

Now and Then: Low English

Low English

You look like you're thinkin'
'Bout making a big mistake
I've been known to be one
And you're buying all the drinks

My shoes are untied
I'm older than you
You like to watch me tie my shoes
Sitting on the stairs...
Watch me sitting on the stairs

You like to hear my stories
Straightening out my hair
I'll sing a song about The Dust Bowl, baby
Make it sound like I was there

I do believe it's your break
Guess I'm solids again
Why don't you tell me what I get if I win?
It's always good till it ends...
Can't stop thinking 'bout the end



If I get to straying
Don't send me to the pound
You knew that I was wild at heart
And that's not where I was found

I tried the whiskey
Wouldn't whisk me away
I wish to god that I could sleep all day
I wish I didn't care...
I wish that I didn't care

(Chorus)
Help me quit this cure
Cause it's worse than the disease
Girl, I need you
Don't leave me, please

Putting me up to it
When it's against my wish
I know that you've got my back
But you're aiming low english

I'm counting my blessings
I'm counting the dead
Kinda got this feeling 'bout what lies ahead
Don't want to been there...
I don't want to have been there

I'm so tired of running
But the ground's falling under me
I'm so afraid of falling
But now I don't want to leave

My shoes are untied
I'm older than you
You like to watch me tie my shoes
Sitting on the stairs...
I'm on the foot of the stairs

(Repeat chorus)




October 22, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home