Friday, May 23, 2008

Now and Then: Years After

Years After

Caramel smell of yesterday's stout
Midday sun warms you on the couch
Call me a gamer
But I'm a stranger
Remind yourself

"BEWARE OF DOG" on the chain-link fence
Finger in the blinds and a finger in your pants
Well, howdy neighbor!
Ain't you a stranger?
Check yourself

People like talking 'bout the friends I keep
They sure make it hard to get any sleep
Say I'm in danger
But you're all strangers
Say what you... really mean

(Chorus)
Always somebody think they got a better handle on me
But if they let go, I wonder which of us would be falling
They hit you up when you're up
And when you're down... they don't come around
Haven't seen you in so long
You'll have to tell me again what I've found

Always nice to have somebody drop in
As long as they watch where they're landing
Found me a stranger
Tried to exchange her
She keeps coming

Sometimes I go out, but I don't get there
I fall into an Edward Hopper stare
Beyond the train tracks
Letting it come back
Still ain't square

Got me a girl and she always wants more
I'm sick and tired of kissing her door
Keeps getting stranger
but I can't change her
No, she's... changing me

(Repeat chorus)





September 2, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home