Friday, May 23, 2008

Now and Then: Fonder

Fonder

It's not the same without you here
Did I really think that it would be?
I'm lying on the carpet
Throwing my thoughts at the ceiling
My own private Pollock painting

I haven't written since I left
The words, they don't find the pen well
Blueish-grey, the beach becomes
As night hushes the spring break crowd
I wish that you were with me now

(Chorus)
Cause you're not like me
You're not like me
You wouldn't let me
Repeat my torturing
To feed my loneliness

How armor hid as foreigners
Two souls to fear of compromise
Though we are far from the same
Is there a thing for me to hide?
Is there a truth that needs a lie?

Everyone else has gone to bed
The needle's near the record's end
The wine is making me sleepy
My heart's a galleon run aground
The moon kisses my trembling brow
I wish that you were with me now

(Repeat chorus)




November 4, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home