Friday, April 25, 2008

Twilight Hour: Rainy Day Shade of Blue

Rainy Day Shade of Blue

You said, “I buried my guns
Hung up my spurs
And devoured my hat
If you still want me, I’m yours”

(Chorus)
And oh… it’s such a wicked fine line
Oh… between the wise and the fool
To wait too long
Or fold too soon
Oh… I’m on the line with you

You said, “I ain’t for sale”
Then I knew I was bought
You were everything I fought for
And everything I fought

(Repeat chorus)

(Bridge)
Quarters leaking from my pocket
Are shaking up a memory
Sun slicing though the hotel blinds
On what was but couldn’t be

How many years has it been?
I don’t want to recall
Since you left me hanging
And I watched you fall

(Repeat chorus)



You’re sitting in the window frame
A rainy day shade of blue
I’m sinking in my chair
Meditating over the scale
Oh… stuck on the line with you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home