Friday, April 25, 2008

Twilight Hour: Elephant Bones

Elephant Bones

Tried to find a place among you
I tried to wedge in between
I dared to pick the ultraviolet apple
So I could see beyond the scheme…
The lines of truth and dream

(Chorus)
Take this for me
It was never mine to have
I have carried your elephant bones
In a brown paper bag

This one came from Cairo
This one from Katmandu
These mementos of exotic places
That I have never been to…
And I will never go to

Rummaging through the attic
Killing time before the funeral
Someday we’re all gonna disappear
I wish I were invisible…
Feels like I’m in a freefall

(Repeat chorus)

It all sounds like
Just another wino, with a broken heart
Waiting for the Gemini to come back home



I woke up in the twilights
Holding what nobody stole
I didn’t know if the sun would rise
Or set down in my soul…
Or set down in my soul

(Repeat chorus)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home